Friday, October 30, 2009

Don't Try This At Home: Stuff I Do When I Am Bored

I get bored sometimes. Sometimes I do productive things with that boredom, like learn another language. Sometimes I stick things in Microwaves that perhaps isn't food and don't belong there.

Did you know that if you stick Christmas Lights in a Microwave at Full Power for about 10 Seconds, that they light up in different colours, even if they are a sting of White Lights? Check it out....

This would be a fun science experiment for school credit if somehow I could figure out why they turn different colours.

2 comments:

  1. So Eddie and I were sitting here thinking a good science project would be to microwave them at different power levels. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Maybe I should try this at work,where I originally did this.

    ReplyDelete